In 1986, in response to BC Parks attempt to close Pirates Cove Marine Park, the Council and Maple Bay Yacht Club established a Park Host program to provide assistance to BC Parks in monitoring park activities and assisting boaters during the busy summer season.
Over the years, the program expanded. It now includes 3 BC Marine Parks and 2 Gulf Islands National Marine Parks.
- Pirates Cove (DeCourcey Island) and Conover Cove (Wallace Island) – Maple Bay YC
- Gowland Tod Provincial Park (Tod Inlet) – Capital City YC
- Sandy Island (Baynes Sound) – Comox Valley YC
- Portland Island (Gulf Islands National Marine Park) – Royal Victoria YC
- Beaumont Island (Gulf Islands National Marine Park) – Sidney North Saanich YC
All volunteer yacht club members help repair & maintain:
- Assist boaters with: